Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rich Chocolate Cake

This cake is a mixture of P.F. Chang's and Magelby's chocolate cakes! It is to die for! It is massive, as you can tell, but well worth the calories. My sister made this for me for my 22nd birthday, and I will love her forever for introducing me to the best, fanciest chocolate cake ever!


Rich Chocolate Cake

Printable Version


2 cups flour

1 cup cocoa

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup butter

2 cups sugar

4 large eggs

2 tsp vanilla

1 1/3 cups milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. With a mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Then, add flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat until batter is smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Either one 9x13 or three 8 inch round pans. (I put wax paper in the bottom of my round pans, then grease and flour them). Bake 40-45 minutes for a 9x13 or about 30 minutes for 8 inch rounds. Cool on a wire rack.


Frosting:

1/2 cup butter

1/4 cup cocoa

7 cups powdered sugar

1/3 cup milk


Boil butter with cocoa. Remove from heat, add powdered sugar and milk. Beat until smooth.


Recipe From: Amanda

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Chels! Is this you?? :) It's Amanda's friend, Mel (you know, Em's sis)...anyway, I don't know how but I stumbled across your cooking blog. Hello! How come no one told me you had a recipe blog? I'm so out of the loop and can't wait to try some of your recipes!