Sunday, April 20, 2008

Italian Chicken Sticks

I recently had to go to Wendy, my sister-in-law, for some new tried and true recipes. She seems to always have something for me! This meal was fun to make and fun to eat. I wish I had children, this would be a for-sure love for the kiddos!

From: Wendy
1 C. seasoned bread crumbs 
½ C. freshly grated parmesan 
1 ½ tsp. dried thyme 
1 ½ tsp. dried basil 
1 tsp. dried oregano 
½ tsp. salt 
½ tsp. garlic powder 
Pinch ground red pepper 
8 boneless chicken breast halves cut into ½” strips.
 ½ C. melted butter Marinara sauce for dipping. 
 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  In a pie plate combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, thyme, basil, oregano,salt, garlic powder and red pepper.  Dip the chicken strips in the melted butter, then dredge them in bread crumb mixture.  Place the chicken strips in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.  Serve them with hot marinara sauce.
Wendy gave me a great tip that the Bertolli tomato & basil marinara is awesome, and it was! 

No comments: