Monday, September 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Rice Krispies


I Love MY MOM! This was a childhood favorite of mine that my mom whipped up regularly. Of course, she made them into cute little bears, stars, cars, etc. Maybe when I have kids I will go the extra mile, too...but for now...we get squares!
I also Love PEANUT BUTTER! These are so absolutely easy, peanut-buttery, and delicious all at once. You can literally make them and have them ready to be served in less than 10 minutes, with allowing them to cool and all!

From: Mom

1 cup light karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies

Combine karo syrup and sugar in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Stir constantly. When mixture begins to boil around the edges, wait 30 seconds and remove from heat. (If you like your rice krispies to be on the hard side, continue to boil for 2-3 minutes. I prefer mushy, chewy ones, thus the 30 second boiling time.) 
Mix in the peanut butter. We prefer creamy, but crunchy is delish as well!
When peanut butter is thoroughly mixed in, add rice krispies and stir until combined. 
Pam a 9x13 or cookie molds. Place mixture into desired pan and allow to cool.

2 comments:

Kawaii.moon said...

Than you for this! I’ve been looking for something similar to what my dad used to make. :)

Nikki F said...

Same here! I kept finding recipes with marshmallows and peanut butter and that wasn’t the original recipe I remember - but this is! Can’t wait to make!