Sunday, October 5, 2008

Roasted Butternut Squash


This veggie tastes like sugar! I absolutely love squash, it just meets my every craving. I was checking out a friends blog who made soup with spaghetti squash and wanted to do something with it. I did the basic...but it worked for me! Of course, my husband wouldn't have a thing to do with it...but, that just means more for me!

Butternut squash
1/8 cup butter
1/8 cup brown sugar (if desired)
salt and pepper (if desired)

Cut squash in half vertically. Using a spoon, remove all seeds. If desired, you may rinse and bake these seeds in the oven, such as pumpkin seeds.
Rub butter generously over the entire inside surface of the squash. If you desire, you may top with brown sugar or simply salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
Remove the squash from the skin and enjoy! You may freeze or refrigerate excess squash.

1 comment:

Simply AnonyMom said...

I saw this in my reader this AM at 5:00. I was wide awake and wanted something different for breakfast. I decided why not and made it and WOW! It was good. I had never thought to put sugar and butter on squash before. Oh, and I added cinnamon (but thats my addiction). It was very yummy and I will enjoy it for breakfast this week now.

Thank you!