Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Cream Pie

This isn't only a Halloween pie, you can make it any time of the year. Simply change your topping decor for the seasons! If you know me or read my blog often, you know that peanut butter and chocolate combined is the way to my heart! So, I automatically LOVE the person who showed me this recipe! It was a delicious, gluten-free, peanut-buttery, chocolaty dessert! It was rather rich, but richness and me get along well. I highly recommend this recipe! I served this cold, because it gets more pudding-like if served warm.

From: The Open Pantry


Chocolate Crust
1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
2 1/2 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
1/4 cup mini semisweet Chocolate Chips

Filling
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
One 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Heavy Cream

Topping
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
Milk Chocolate Curls, for Garnish

Make the Crust: In a double boiler(I just used a regular saucepan), melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Gently stir in the rice cereal until completely coated. Set aside to cool to lukewarm, then stir in the mini chips. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a buttered 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 30 Minutes to set the chocolate.

Prepare the filling: In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the condensed milk, peanut butter and vanilla.

In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Pour the filling into the crust.

Make the topping: In a double boiler(I did this in the microwave), melt the chocolate chips over hot water. Add the cream and stir until blended. Set aside to cool slightly, then drizzle over the top of the pie. Refrigerate pie until firm, about 2 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls.