Thursday, June 16, 2011

Homemade Brownies


This is my first shot at homemade brownies...and mmm were they good! Top them with ce cream and they are even better. I always have all of the ingredients on hand, which will make these a go-to recipe when I need a little chocolate...or a lot for that matter. They are a one-pot shot, so clean up is a piece of cake! (Or brownie, I guess!) Try using this recipe for Brownie Bites with White Chocolate Frosting to jazz these homemade brownies up a bit! (shown above)

Homemade Brownies
Printable Version

12 oz chocolate chips (whichever type you prefer)
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips. Stir constantly and remove from heat when chips are fully melted. In the same pot, blend in the sugar. Then add eggs, blending fully one at a time. Add flour and beat until air bubbles form in the batter. Pour into a greased 9 X 13-inch pan (this recipe works great doubled and poured into a large 11 X 17-inch rimmed baking sheet, or halfed and put into an 8x8). Bake for 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 325 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes.

Recipe from Melanie

2 comments:

Maria said...

Homemade are the best! And of course they are better with ice cream!

Melanie said...

Chels - I'm glad you liked these. I agree they are a fabulous go-to recipe because I always have the ingredients on hand.

By the way, I made "Wendy's Lasagna" the other Sunday. It was delicious! The swiss cheese and cream cheese made it so, so good. I'm making it again soon to take a picture and post on my blog.