Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chicken Alfredo


This is such an easy, go-to meal that my husband and I both adore. I absolutely despise canned alfredo sauce, as does my sister. Every once in a while I will just put my finger in the canned stuff to see if MAYBE I can just suck it up and eat it....it never, EVER works! I hate, HATE, hate it. No question. So, my sister and I made up this alfredo recipe, and it is to die for!

12 oz pasta (we love wheat pasta)
1 large chicken breast
1 Tbs. EVOO
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Cook pasta according to package directions. Cube chicken into small, bite-size pieces. Heat pan to medium-low with EVOO. (The slower you cook your chicken the juicier it will be without burning).  Place chicken in pan and sprinkle with seasonings. Cover pan with additional dish and allow to cook for 7-10 minutes, tossing regularly.
Use THIS recipe for Alfredo Sauce and place chicken and sauce over pre-cooked noodles. Enjoy!

No comments: