Monday, February 2, 2009

Mini Deep Dish Pizzas

Okay....so it was super bowl Sunday, we can cheat, right? I am sure that Tony (the trainer) would kick our butts, but we still need to have our fun! (P.S. I knew I wouldn't last long without making something fun to share with you! We are sticking to our meal plan very strictly, despite what this may look like!)
I saw this made on Rachel Ray's day show, and I just HAD to make them. They were so fun to make, as well as delicious! I will be making these for EVERY single super bowl for the rest of my life! They are a great make-ahead dish that you can pop in the oven 5 minutes prior to serving. I hope that you find these as much fun as we did!

Adapted from: Rachel Ray

1 can pop biscuits
desired filling for mini pizzas

We love to fill our pizza with :
shredded chicken
alfredo sauce
turkey bacon
canadian bacon
mozzarella cheese

Split each biscuit into 3 equal discs (some of them I could only get to separate into 2). Press each disc into the cups of a sprayed muffin tin, pushing in on the corners and making sure that they go all the way up the sides. 

Place in the oven and bake for 1/2 of the directed cooking time (total time is usually 10 minutes). Remove from muffin tins and place on a cookie sheet. (I precooked all of the crusts and then cooked them for the remaining time with the filling on a cookie sheet). Fill each crust with about a tablespoon of sauce along with your desired fillings. Top with cheese.

Bake for the remaining 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crusts are a golden brown. 

Serves 4-6.



4 comments:

teresa said...

Oh YUM!! That looks so good and easy, my kind of recipe! Good luck with your diet!

Judy said...

How fun, I wish we had another super bowl.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh my goodness. How did I miss these. They look fantastic and super easy. I'll have to try these!!

Becky Cox said...

i think we know who would like these best of all in our family...