Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jerk Chicken Marinade


I don't know where to begin. This meal was out of this world...and even better because my hubbs surprised me with it! I came home from a killer long day at work an he had it all ready to BBQ. I am usually a little skeptical about marinades, I always feel like I put so many flavors into it and barely any of them come through after my meat is cooked. This was absolutely NOT like that. Every spice and sauce in this marinade came through and I was in heaven! My favorite part was the slight cinnamon that popped through out of nowhere. I can't even tell you enough to MAKE THIS RECIPE....PLEASE!!!

Jerk Chicken Marinade
Printable Version

8 chicken breasts
1 1/2 Tbs. ground allspice
1 1/2 Tbs. dried thyme
3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbs. ground black pepper
1 Tbs. ground sage
1 Tbs. ground nutmeg
1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
2 Tbs. salt
1 1/2 Tbs. garlic powder
1 1/3 Tbs. sugar
3 Tbs. olive oil
3 Tbs. canola or vegetable oil
1 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup orange juice
3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
a dash onion powder
1/2 tsp. minced garlic

Mix all ingredients together. Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours prior to cooking. (We threw it on the BBQ, but in the winter I plan to bake it in the oven or slice it after marinating, sauteeing in a pan and putting it on rice or into tacos! I can't wait!)


Adapted from: Blue Heaven Restaurant

3 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

We love BBQing and this sounds amazing! I haven't checked your food blog for awhile and I'm excited to try some of your yummy recipes! Glad your full time job isn't taking away from your culinary masterpieces! Keep em' coming!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Another awesome recipe! I am bookmarking this one!

Kathy said...

Aunt Kathy loves, loves, loves your recipes Chelsea. I can't wait to make the jerk chicken. Are you loving your job? How is Cody, and how is Erika and Co.?
Hugs...