Monday, August 17, 2009

Penne Gorgonzola Chicken

Where to begin...this dish was creamy and simply delightful! Every bite of this meal was a new flavor explosion, I now LOVE gorgonzola cheese. I have a feeling that because of this dish I will now be googling other meals with this creamy, flavorful cheese just so I can eat more of it! I was very nervous at first when putting such a strong flavored cheese into this simple meal, but it turned out ten times better than I imagined. It was a 15 minute meal, too, which adds even more to the love factor. My hubbs loved it just as much as I did, which is definitely saying something! (Too bad we can't eat this every week...the butter and cream are a killer combo! hehe!) Enjoy!

Penne Gorgonzola Chicken

Printable Version

1 chicken breast


7 oz. penne pasta


1/4 C. butter 


8 oz. heavy cream


2.5 oz. gorgonzola, crumbled 


1/8 C. shredded parmesan

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill. Slice into thin strips. Bring water to a boil and add pasta. While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Melt butter in saucepan, heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Simmer 1 minute being careful not to let the butter burn. Slowly add cream and heat to a low boil to reduce, stirring constantly. Boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat, add gorgonzola, parmesan, and nutmeg. Stir until melted. Serve sauce over noodles and top with chicken.

Serves 2.

Recipe From: My Kitchen Cafe

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Does the recipe really call for 4 cups of butter? :)N