Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Candied Almonds


These are amazing. Completely, 100% delicious. I will be sharing them with my neighbors and family over the holidays, and I know that they are all going to think I am the best gift-giver EVER! These will now be a tradition at Christmas in my home, thank you, Jen, for this perfect treat.

Apple Cinnamon Candied Almonds
Printable Version

2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups raw almonds
6 Tablespoons sugar*
6 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons powdered apple cider mix

Beat egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form, add almonds and stir until almonds are evenly coated. Combine sugars, salt, cinnamon and apple cider mix in a separate bowl and then add to almonds, stirring again until well coated. Spread onto an oiled and parchment or tin foil lined baking sheet assuring that all the almonds are in one layer. This is how they will look at this point...I admit, I was scared!

Bake in preheated 250°F oven, yes 250 NOT 350, turning the almonds first after 30 minutes, and then every 15 minutes until dry and crunchy. This took about 1 1/2 hours in my oven, FYI.

Recipe From: Jen at Delightful Delicacies
Makes 4 cups

1 comment:

Emilee said...

These look so good, I am going to try them today! Is there a reason that the sugar has an asterisk by it?