Thursday, September 2, 2010

Apple Crisp

















So perfect! My sister in law, Wendy, gave me this recipe when we first got married and I make it way too much! Now, I have an addiction to the crumbly part of apple crisp...so, the recipe below has double the crisp and half of the apple part. I know, I know, it seems crazy. Not to mention 2 times as bad for you! But, if you want to make a traditional crisp, double the apple mixture and half the crisp mixture, got it?! Or just do it the good way like me, below!:)

Apple Crisp
Printable version

apple mixture
6 cups thinly sliced apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 Tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup water

crisp mixture
2 cups quick oats
2 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix apples, white sugar, 1/2 Tbs. flour and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Spread apple mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish. Pour water evenly over all. In a large bowl, combine oats, 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together. (This mixture will be crumbly). Crumble evenly over apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Recipe adapted from: Wendy
Serves 12-15

No comments: