Saturday, September 4, 2010

Basil Butter


Basil Butter....who would have thought? Okay, so maybe all of you knew about this wonderful topping, but I didn't! I was just browsing on foodnetwork.com looking for a recipe with fresh basil. My cute friend Teddy grows it and I had a ton to use up! I found this recipe from Paula Deen, of course 'butter' is involved, and it was wonderful. You were supposed to top grilled chicken with this basil butter, which we did and loved. However, we then added it to our fresh corn, and O MY GOSH! It was great. I mean awesome. I mean great and awesome and so much more!

Basil Butter
Printable Version

2 Tbs. freshly minced basil leaves
1/4 cup softened butter
1 Tbs. parmesan
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Serve on top of any vegetable or grilled meat.

Serves 2.
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen

2 comments:

Julie said...

I've got a little basil plant, this looks like a perfect use for it.

Ashley Wray said...

I've got to admit, the name sounds a little weird, but then I remember how much I love honey butter, so basil butter must be as good! I just won't put it on scones!