Monday, December 13, 2010

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup



I am so excited...Cody liked this soup! He said that it counted as a 'real meal' because it was actually filling, unlike the normal soups that I make....anyway...My best friend Ali fed me this soup and I am so glad that she did! This is delicious, FILLING, and easy. A perfect meal to make for a large group. MMM I want to make it again right now...it is cold and snowy and this looks yummy!

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Printable Version

2 boxes uncle ben's wild rice, cooked (I found bags that you put in the microwave for 90 sec- much quicker!)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup cream
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
Saute veggies in butter. Add flour and stir for 30 seconds. Add broth and parsley flakes. Stir until thickened, then add rice, cream and chicken. Cook five minutes prior to serving. Add additional milk if too thick.

Recipe from Ali
Serves 8.

No comments: