Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chili Rubbed Pork with Orange Glaze salad



I love leftovers, my hubby hates them. This makes us go perfectly together! I have learned to make only enough for us two to eat, but every once in a while I make a little too much. In this case, it was a happy accident. I chopped up my leftover meat from my Chili Rubbed Pork With Orange Glaze, added a few fresh fruits, and dumped the extra glaze from my pork over top. I was in heaven. Seriously. Try this.

Orange Glazed Pork Summer Salad
Printable Version

Salad
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Strawberries, chopped
Mangos, chopped
sliced almonds or pinenuts
A protien (Try using this recipe, Chili Rubbed Pork With Orange Glaze, for your protein.)

Dressing
1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce(we did 1, but it is quite hot)
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 small limes, juiced

Layer salad with your choice of protien, strawberries, mangos, and nuts. Mix all of the dressing ingredients together and heat in a saucepan or microwave until warm. Pour dressing over layered salad, and enjoy every last bite.

Dressing makes 2 cups.

No comments: