Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Honey Nut Chex Treats

Sometimes my husband is the creative cook in our house. You see, I am a recipe-follower. I make changes here and there to suit our favorite flavors, but I am not good at just making up new recipes. He is constantly cooking new dishes that I love. This dessert came to him late one night, and it was a quick, amazing-ly delicious treat. I think the key in the Honey Nut flavor...it adds another layer of SUGAR...and we all love sugar!

Honey Nut Chex Treats
Printable Version

6 cups Honey Nut Chex
40 large marshmallows
1 stick butter
¼ cup coconut
¼ cup milk chocolate chips

Prepare a 9x13 inch pan by spraying with pam. Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat, add marshmallows. Cook until melted. Turn off heat and add chex, stir to combine. After marshmallows are fully incorporated, stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
Allow to cool and cut into 20 squares.

Makes 20 treats

No comments: