Friday, May 10, 2013

German Pancakes



I have eaten German pancakes forever. Like, since I can remember, forever. Usually it was at my cousin Katie's house...my wonderful aunt would always make these for us the morning after a slumber party. I remember always running up the stairs and smelling these babies cooking. They still are my favorite go-to breakfast whenever I have visitors, and also a sneaky way to get one of my twin boys to eat eggs! These puff up beautifully when the are cooking, so be ready to show them off directly out of the oven...they fall fast!

German Pancakes

6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 9x13 inch pan. In a medium bowl, mix eggs, flour, milk, salt and vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake on middle rack in the oven for 25-35 minutes. Serve with butter, powdered sugar, and syrup.

Serves 6.

4 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Yum. These are Andrew's favorites, he might be embarassed if I told you that he can eat a whole pan by myself, but I'll tell you that anyways! My mom still makes these a lot!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

This is my favorite meal ever!! Scott and I used to have them every Sunday morning until he claims he needed to switch it up. But I could still go for them. DELISH. We need to have a breakfast night (those special pancakes and lots of german ovens). Miss you. See you TOMORROW or I'll die.

Unknown said...

I love these pancakes! My favorite is to have them with powdered sugar and ligonberry jelly!

Shannon said...

My grandma made these using a blender, baked at a higher temperature, and called them Hills and Dales. They are my husband's favorite breakfast food and he loves all breakfast food!