Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Broccoli Summer Salad



How many get togethers will you go to this summer and bring the same old side dish? Boring green salad, jello, and baked beans are always on my list. However, I always WANT to bring the show stopper. Well, I just found it! My sister in-law sent me this recipe and honestly, I have made it 3 times this month! It is so refreshing and filling as well. I will admit, women seem to be drawn to it a little more than men, but even my husband tried it and liked it! Feel free to add some grilled chicken to make this a main dish rather than a side.

Broccoli Summer Salad

1 large broccoli crown
4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
7 ounces chick peas or garbanzo beans
20 cherry tomatoes
¼ head purple cabbage
½ avocado
5-8 ounces creamy balsamic dressing (I used Brianna’s)

Dice all ingredients into smaller than bite-size pieces, and combine in a large bowl. Toss together and chill. Prior to serving, add avocado and add desired amount of dressing.

Recipe from Sheridan
Serves 6-8 as a side dish

3 comments:

Ali W. said...

Just wanted to tell you that I love your blog! My mom and I have both cooked your recipes and we love them! It's so nice to find a recipe blog with real GOOD recipes! :) Thanks for all your posts!

P.S. I am making your Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups and breadsticks tonight! haha

Chelsea and Cody said...

Ali-I'm so glad to hear it! This salad seriously has me addicted. I hope you give it a shot too. Be careful with those breadsticks...I can eat the ENTIRE pan!

Joan said...

Yummmm Chelsea, and it doesn't take a lot of prep. I love salad.