Monday, July 15, 2013

Sweet Mango Slaw


Okay, really. I make slaws quite often because my husband is always smoking meat, and it seems to be a great topping and/or side dish to his delicious creation. This has been BY FAR my favorite creation yet! I usually try to spice up my slaws, but the meat my hubby made had quite a bit of kick, so I wanted to counteract it with sweet and tang. I could eat the entire bowl plain!!! But it was also the perfect topping for his brisket sandwiches. We also have eaten this on top of chicken sandwiches and burgers...give it a shot on your next BBQ’d meal!

Sweet Mango Slaw

Slaw
6 oz broccoli slaw
1 1/2 c. fresh diced mango
1 avocado, dliced

Dressing
1/3 c. rice vinegar
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sesame seeds
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
1 lime, juiced (About 2 Tbs. juice)

In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli slaw, mango and avocado.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Gently stir the dressing into the salad and refrigerate until ready to serve. Do not add the avocado earlier than 30 minutes prior to serving or it will brown!

Recipe adapted from favfamilyrecipes.com
Serves as a topping for about 6 sandwiches


No comments: