Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies


No bake cookies are my easy go-to late night snack. I don't have to turn on my oven, which is one less thing to do.They are such a quick fix for chocolate...unfortunately, I usually eat about 10 of these babies without slowing down! I just moved and I couldn’t find my cocoa powder, so I quickly search for a straight peanut butter recipe. HOLY COW! I loved these! Unlike the chocolate ones, these cookies have brown sugar. It creates such a delicious depth of flavor in them. MMM my mouth is watering right now!

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
3 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/8 cup butter

Spread a sheet of wax paper onto your counter to cool cookies on.
In a large bowl add oatmeal, peanut butter and vanilla, set aside.
In a medium saucepan combine sugar, milk and butter and cook over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil mixture for a full minute.
Remove from the heat and pour oatmeal mixture into saucepan and stir until oatmeal is completely coated.
Spoon out cookie sized scoops onto the waxed paper and allow to cool until set and firm. Store in an airtight container.

Makes about 30 cookies
Recipe from www.stillmagnolias.blogspot.ca

No comments: