Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pretzel Peanut Butter Treats



It’s Valentine’s day!!! I had the best intentions of decorating my house this year for this romantic holiday....but this month has come and gone so quick! I missed it. Oops. Better luck next year, I guess:). I did get around to making these amazing little morsels, however. If you want your valentine to gain about 5 pounds, make them an entire batch of these! (I’ll warn you though, you will end up helping them eat every.last.one!) You know me, peanut butter and chocolate are my weakness. Make it white chocolate, and I melt. Literally! Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbs. butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1-16 oz. bag Pretzels
6 squares chocolate (or white chocolate) almond bark

Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
Mix peanut butter and butter together. Scrape down bowl, add sugars and beat until combined. You should be able to roll the mixture into balls without sticking to your hands. Add more powdered sugar until you reach this consistency.
Roll the mixture into small balls. Sandwich the balls between two pretzels and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate according to package directions. Stir occasionally until smooth.
Dip each pretzel bite halfway into the melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet. Let sit until the chocolate is set.

Makes approx. 75 pretzel sandwiches
Recipe from Julieseatsandtreats.com

No comments: